Has anyone found my sense of humor? Perhaps the extra supply of patience I try to keep around (I should be on a monthly repeating order for that stuff). And the overwhelming sense of adventure I generally feel as I work at my very interesting job, come home to two wonderful, beautiful-inside-and-out daughters, and my loving husband? Well, that I know is here, I think it’s just hiding behind the door.
Once again, September is time of big changes in our house – it has been since I moved West in 1993. It continued through our move back to New England, and then was cemented by DH’s job teaching public school. Now with two daughters heading off to Preschool, one as an old pro, the other a newbie, and DH not just returning to teach and coach soccer, but also to his FINAL (ohmygodwilliteverend?) semester of graduate school, we are all heading in 16 different directions. Oh, and I started doing some genealogy research on the side (feel free to give out my contact info to interested friends -- $25-35/hour, depending on whether or not I need to travel). Since I must have structure (without it I am a mass of trembling jello-salad-with-the-little-marshmallows), I need to spend some time planning meals, scheduling chores, scheduling my time and generally preparing for the onslaught of what used to be my favorite season. I’m sure it will be my favorite time of year again soon, just probably not this year.
So though I am an unreliable blogger at best, I am giving you fair warning that this forum will either become my only tenuous link to sanity and the Universe, or will begin to gather cobwebs, spiders and other things only suitable for Halloween haunted houses.
Stay tuned, if you dare…..
PS - And anyone looking for updates on my fibery pursuits should probably not hold their breath. Progress is slow, and unsteady, on my spinning (do you KNOW how dirty a sheep fleece can be?), knitting (um, don't everyone hold your breath waiting for a lovely hand-knitted garment from me -- check back in, oh, say, 2010?) and crocheting (younger daughter has requested a poncho like her sister has -- oh the plight of the second child. I think she's going to have to wait until elder daughter outgrows hers in about 8 years.) But I will get there. Wish me luck when I buy my next lottery ticket. And I hope everyone has survived the parenthetic minefield of this post.
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I vote for Link to Sanity as opposed to that cobwebby thing you threatened. :)
Hang in there, Sweetie. You'll find your groove, I promise. I come to the brink time and time again, and I somehow always manage to not fall over the edge. Try to maintain the belief that NOW is the only place you can be. That'll help.
love you!
Post a Comment