So here I am. Again. Without much to say. It feels like we are in a nice relaxing phase, which actually means we have just enough time to get done what we need to (chores, meals, time with children, etc.) without our heads exploding. Husbandness is in Paidiea at work -- or, as I prefer to call it, paella. Which means he is home before I get home with the girls, and gets dinner started, and throws in a load of laundry, and generally gets lots of things done before we even sit down to eat. He rocks. It is, dare I say, something we could all get used to. Anyone who is hooked up with a teacher knows the reality of teaching. The day rarely ends at 2:30, and the year doesn't end in June. But for a brief, three-week period of time, we can dream, can't we?
My list of planned projects continues to grow. I have decided to get a head start on next Christmas (wish me luck!), so have been buying up yarn left and right with all kinds of wonderful projects in mind. The ones I can mention are as follows:
Scarf for my dad (Gryffendor colors, thick and warm, holiday gift from 2006, tops on the list)
Felted slippers for husbandness
Yummy sweater for husbandness
Mittens for both girls
Felted wool ballet-style slippers for both girls
Fingerless mittens from my own handspun yarn (see photo below) for ME!
Scarves for both girls
Now that's just the things I CAN mention. Other gifts are in the pipeline as well. I also have a fleece that weighs about 6 pounds to wash, card and spin, along with a goodly amount of fiber in varying stages of production. But I will commit to posting at least once a month, in the interests of avoiding disappointing the two people who actually read this.
Actually, that would be kind of fun. Could everyone who reads this post send up a quick comment, just to see who's out there? Maybe I'll be surprised.....
Oh, here's the photo I mentioned. Isn't it yummy?
3 comments:
The narcissus thing cracked me up! Have fun with your projects!
I'm here (but you knew that already). Does having your husband de-lurk count as padding your comment stats?
I'm here. And jumping for joy at a new post. Hooray. LOVE the new yarn. It's yummy and I'm lusting...
Love you,
Auntie Fran
Post a Comment