Monday, February 12, 2007

All things wise and wonderful

Saturday night, I was sitting in my favorite chair, watching an episode of “All Creatures Great and Small”, finishing my dad’s Harry Potter scarf. My DH walked by and said, “I used to watch that show when I was a kid.”

I replied that I didn’t really watch it when I was a kid, but my brother and his wife bought me the James Herriot book set when I was going through my “I want to be a vet” phase.

“You wanted to be a vet? Really? Were you turned off by the thought of having to stick your arm way up…” (having just seen that on the TV screen).

“No, it was finding out about having to put animals to sleep. I decided I didn’t have the stomach for it. Well, the four stomachs….”

Okay, so not as funny as the narcissus….

2 comments:

Fran said...

Funny, the same thing happened to me. I was reading Herriot, wishing I lived in Yorkshire when I was about 10. It wasn't being into a cow up to my elbow that put me off, either. It might have been the realization that I'm really not all that crazy about blood or other bodily emissions.

Mrs. Chili said...

The narcissus comment was GORGEOUS. You are a sharply funny lady, and I'm glad you are my friend.