No, not to the loony bin (but there are times I think that might be the appropriate place for me). I do hereby make public my commitment to obtain a teaching position within the next two years. I need to spend some time coming up with a specific plan, but the most important thing is that I need to study for and take the subject matter MTEL (MA's test for teacher certification) for History. I have already taken the Communication and Literacy portion (and did very well, if I say so myself). I have finally confirmed that I can take the tests, pass, and apply for my Provisional License which means I would be able to apply for any position teaching History that requires certification.
Wish me luck!
Friday, April 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
WOOT WOOT!
You know I'm right behind you!
Oh, HONEY! LUCK!!
I, too, am behind you (or beside you, if you prefer)!
What level do you think you'll want to teach?
High school -- possibly middle school, if the hormonal angst doesn't kill me. Subject matter wise, I am more drawn to what they teach for 7th and 8th grade history (World Cultures), but I could manage American History, which is what they focus on in high school. Hey, it's history, it's all good to me!
Woo Hoo! I'm behind beside or wherever you need me, too. Perhaps praying vigorously from afar!
XO
Thank you for your kind and supportive words. I am sure I will need your emotional support in the coming months. I am determined to do this.
Post a Comment