Friday, August 24, 2007

We are truly blessed....

I don't have a lot of time to share the complete story, but here it is in pictures.

Last night, Brian heard this....

crackcrackcrackcrack.....crackcrack....swooooooosh...boom!

He went outside and found this....



and this...




This morning, he told me to go outside where there was a "surprise" waiting for me. I was all excited until I saw this...




and this....






Yes, I slept through the whole thing.

Our dearest hope is that we can find someone to take the entire tree down and mill it into some board feet for us. But one way or another, we are pretty sure the whole thing will need to come down before winter.


PS - I say we are blessed because it missed EVERYTHING -- our tenant's cars, the house, the children's play equipment, the neighbor's garage, and (most importantly of all) NO ONE WAS HURT. Thank the Universe.

2 comments:

Kizz said...

Wow, that's so lucky. I saw the play equipment peeking out and was very thankful that it had all happened in the middle of the night when no one was playing on it. Yikes!

Nice to get some environmentally guilt-free board feet out of it, though!

Mrs. Chili said...

Yikes, indeed! I'm echoing Kizz - SO glad it happened at night!

I'm hoping you'll get some lumber out of it, too - how cool would THAT be?