Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Yeah, baby! That's me!!!




You're The Guns of August!

by Barbara Tuchman

Though you're interested in war, what you really want to know is what
causes war. You're out to expose imperialism, militarism, and nationalism for what they
really are. Nevertheless, you're always living in the past and have a hard time dealing
with what's going on today. You're also far more focused on Europe than anywhere else in
the world. A fitting motto for you might be "Guns do kill, but so can
diplomats."



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.


Coincidentally (or not), she is one of my all-time favorite historical authors. Actually, the first "history book" I read was her book about 14th Century Europe and the Black Plague, "A Distant Mirror". My introduction to the concept that history wasn't just about dates and events, but about people.

2 comments:

Kizz said...

I'm loving this book quiz but man alive, it's also making me feel super under read. I've read almost none of the choices that have come up for people.

Wayfarer said...

I did this quiz once and came out with Cien Años de Soledad (100 Years of Solitude), by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I did it again and got El amor en Los Tiempos del Cólera (Love in the Time of Cholera)--again, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez!

I don't think I'm all that closely tied to either book or the author, but the whole concept of magical realism does fit me rather well!