Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What is….OMG?!?!?!

About a month and a half ago, I discovered (I don’t remember how) that Jeopardy! was running an on-line prescreening test for the show. I did the on-line test last year and never heard anything, so I gave it another shot this year.

‘Lo and behold, last Friday I received an email from the Jeopardy! contestant coordinator, inviting me to audition for the show in Boston in May. I have to admit, I may have squealed (just a little bit) before I shared the news with those few co-workers still about late on a Friday. What an experience this should be!

I replied to the email as requested, after asking my dh to review it to make sure I didn’t make an enormous mistake that would put paid to my chances so early in the process. They give you two days to respond, so I knew I wouldn’t hear back until early this week. I have been on pins and needles waiting to hear back from them, just so I could be sure this was for real.

I got the confirmation. It is for real, and I’ll be heading to Boston on Saturday, May 3rd at 11:30 in the morning to take another 50 question test, do a personal interview and a mock-game. I hold no great hopes that I would actually make it on to the television show, but this whole thing should be a fun experience.

Well, it would be a really fun experience if I didn’t also have the MTEL History test to study for, which I will take the following weekend. Yes, I have approximately five weeks to review my knowledge of, hmmmm, let’s say, ALL OF HUMAN HISTORY as well as fine tune my knowledge of the high level esoterica generally included on the greatest television quiz show EVER!

No pressure. Will someone please pass me the Xanex?

2 comments:

Kizz said...

My friend Mark has been through that process a couple of times. He hasn't made it onto the show...yet, but he's still trying and doing well, the way you have. From what I can tell the tests are sometimes simple, sometimes hard and the mock game is pretty fun. How cool! Congratulations!

Mrs. Chili said...

Oh, you are SO TOTALLY going to get on the show! HOW exciting!!!