Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Did you know...?

Did you know that if you try and make bread when it is 95 degrees outside, it will take only 60 minutes (including baking time), instead of the normal 3 hours? So wrong on so many levels.

Did you know that I used to dress up as Slyvester and work the crowd in front of the Warner Brothers Studio Store at Caesar's Forum Shops in Las Vegas? I mean, I got paid to do it. I didn't just show up in a suit, because that would just be creepy.

Did you know that, although you were certain sure that you could never love your child as much as you did at the moment of her birth, that your love for her grows daily? Apparently that is also true for husbands...(except that you can only go back to the wedding day)

Did you know that when you haven't written in your blog for two months, you are absurdly grateful for clever little programs like "Google Reader", which you hope all your friends subscribe to, because if they don't, you are going to feel terribly guilty for wasting their time checking your blog for updates? (How do you like THAT sentence, Mrs. Chili?)

Thank you everyone, for checking (or subscribing, which I most fervently hope you do). I'll promise to try harder, though with resumes going out in quantity this week and volunteer opportunities rising, and summer here, don't hold your breath!

Love and blessings.

2 comments:

Mrs. Chili said...

It's a GREAT sentence! (and yes, I subscribe - here I am!!)

I didn't know that about the bread. Of course, when it's 95 degrees out, I go to great lengths to not turn on my oven, so this is something I've never gotten to experience for myself.

I didn't know that about the Sylvester (as in Sylvester and Tweety, right?) thing. You never cease to amaze me.

I DID know that about the kids - and the husband.

Anonymous said...

All I try to make when the weather is really hot is cut up watermelon and maybe some frozen cherries, and protein based things I can cook on the grill.

The bread sounds delicious but I wouldn't want the baker to suffer heat stroke for it.

Enjoy the weather!