So I'll open this up for anyone to give me feedback. Many of you know that I have wanted to teach for a while now. I have done a bunch of stuff towards attaining that goal (passing the tests, updating my resume, volunteering as a reading tutor), but there is clearly more to be done.
I had a dream last night that I went through round after round of interviews at all of our local school districts. I didn't get hired as a teacher at any of them.
Do you think this might represent:
-A reflection of the reality of our current economic downturn and educational system?
-A way for my subconscious to tell me I haven't done enough?
-Something else?
I'd be interested to hear what everyone has to say. Bring it on (that's me trying to be brave and fearless. It's kind of working).
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If, like me, your waking brain cannot stand the tide of emotion that comes when thinking through the worst case scenario then your dreaming brain takes on that task. Moving this dream forward is a huge part of what you're pondering and not being able to fulfill it no matter how hard you try is a terrible fear about it. Your brain just needs to get it out there.
I choose the "something else" option.
I have teacher anxiety dreams all the time. While it CAN be a challenge to get a job in education, it's not impossible. You're fun and energetic, you're WICKED smaht, and you will represent an asset to any place that hires you. I'm with Kizz - your brain just needs to get it out there.
Post a Comment