1. Kindergarten -- Off she went on Friday morning. She waved goodbye to me from the loft in her classroom. I arrived to pick her up (her afterschool care program starts next Tuesday) and she was excited to see me, but didn’t fall apart (a good sign). The thing that disappointed her the most is that she doesn’t get to ride the bus. Trust me, honey, I can tell you from personal experience, that’s a highly overrated experience. One of the most traumatic of my childhood memories, actually. But that’s an entirely different post. She’s exhausted though, and still catching up on her rest. It’s a good thing that we all have the weekend to recover. I'll post a couple of photographs in the next couple of days.
2. Graduate School -- I reached out to my friend at the University. She was disappointed I hadn’t gone off and gotten my PhD since she last saw me. Um, hello? It’s been less than a year since we had lunch. I’m good, but I don’t know anyone who’s gotten their PhD in a year. They are hiring a new faculty member for New Media next year, and she was hoping I could apply. No PhD, no interview. But we’re in the process of arranging our schedules to meet for lunch, so it’s all good, and there may be some other opportunities within the system.
3. The Literacy Project Volunteer application is filled out with the exception of references (I need to ask permission of my prospective references – any volunteers?) I hope to get it out early next week.
4. Finances -- Halfway there. I balanced my checkbook. Considering the mess it was in, I'm impressed it only took me four BritCom episodes (that’s two hours for all you non-Anglophiles). Unfortunately, some ridiculous SNAFU has caused a disconnect between my bank and MS Money, so I can no longer download my statement directly to the program. I’ll work next week to get that glitch figured out. But not before I pay some bills and try to get back on my schedule to do this weekly.
5. The porch. Don’t ask. Not nearly as far along as I would like to be and I am very sore. Lots of work for me in the coming week to get things ready to paint this baby when my mom comes out. I did have to buy a new 8 foot fiberglass stepladder. Our old 6 foot aluminum one was actually bent, and when I almost pitched off the porch when it shifted, I decided it was time. Excellent service at Home Depot, and 10 minutes later I was out of there with my new ladder, only $60 lighter in pocket.
6. Paperwork. I got started on this, but didn’t get very far before I got the vapors. Damn! That's a LOT of paper.
7. Craft area -- nope. It’s still a disaster area.
8. I have two arborists coming out to do estimates. I also have a guy coming out to remove the enormous pile of brush for the bargain price of $75 (and because we are landlords, it’s tax deductible).
9. Mason jars -- nope, but maybe tomorrow.
10. Correspondence -- not yet. Hopefully, I will come up with a list. I also have a bunch of photographs to send out to parents/grandparents/friends so this might be a project with multiple distinct parts.
Thanks for sticking with me through the entire list. It helps me to feel like I am accountable to someone out there. Maybe I should have saved the update for Tuesday, but I think I’d rather do a list of what’s currently on my bookshelf. That’s much more interesting than my monstrous list.
Happy Labor Day (a little early)!
Saturday, September 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'd be happy to be a reference!
Post a Comment