Does anyone remember the 1970s era show, "In Search Of..."? Leonard Nimoy was the host, and they spent a half an hour each week (on Saturday afternoons, if I remember correctly) exploring the most mysterious of our universe's mysteries, with a strong dose of the unexplained.
But I digress. That actually has little to do with my post today. I am looking for a friend. I've known him for over 10 years, and we've been through a lot of transitions together. Wayfarer has known him for even longer. He is one of Wayfarer's chosen brothers.
He tends to drop in and out of our lives, though he is always with us in spirit. I always knew when he'd been by the house, because all the magnets on our fridge would be rearranged, or all the tea on my tea shelf would be upside down (only someone as detail-oriented as I am would notice that kind of thing). But even if we weren't home when he stopped by, these things were a signal to us that he was here, he was alive and he was with us in our hearts.
We haven't seen him in over a year. It may be approaching two years in fact. I know that he occasionally reads this blog. So if you're out there, give us a jingle. Because when we talk about Uncle Bubba with the girls, they hardly remember you. And that's just not right.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I DO remember the show - and I remember it fondly, too. Of course, I was always a little bit interested in the unexplainable...
Good luck finding Uncle Bubba...
Post a Comment