"To stop the train,
in cases of emergency,
pull down the chain,
pull down the chain.
Penalty for improper use
Five pounds."
This is what our eldest daughter is currently singing while playing with clay.
Yes, singing. I'm afraid to ask....
(PS - this makes four posts in a single day. A personal best.)
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Life - and children - often provide us with rich writing fodder.
Is her teacher a Brit?
I don't think she's a Brit, though she appears to have Brit tendencies. And I asked ED where she learned the song and she said, "I dunno. School somewhere?"
This is going to be a fun year...
For anyone interested, apparently this is a popular summer camp song. I read on someone's website that they picture a down-on-his-luck musician riding the Tube, staring off into space, and being inspired by a sign on the inside of the train.
It's a nice thought, anyway....
Post a Comment