Hey, if you want me to blog more often, you have to cut me some slack when the juices run dry. I promise I will write a post soon about my new gig as a reading tutor, but in the meantime, here is a meme hoisted from Mrs. Chili.
What is in the back of your car? Four car seats, two blankets, 6 quarts of oil, a set of jumper cables and several miscellaneous bits of children’s artwork.
Name one person who made you smile today. Our youngest daughter.
What were you doing at 8 am this morning? Herding children into the car to go to school.
What were you doing 45 minutes ago? Watching “Then She Found Me”. Good movie.
What is your favorite candy bar? Currently Milky Way Midnight
Have you ever been to a strip club? No
What is the last thing you said aloud? “He said, ‘He peed in the fridge’” (it’s a line from the movie)
What is the best ice cream flavor? I play around a lot (peanut butter cup, Phish Food) but I always go back to Coffee Toffee Crunch.
What was the last thing you had to drink? A glass of milk with dinner.
What are you wearing right now? Wide-legged pajama pants, a red long-sleeved shirt and a red shawl.
What was the last thing you ate? Low-fat pudding cup (tapioca)
Have you bought any new clothing items this week? Nope, but I am hoping if my jeans keep getting bigger (and holey-er) I will need to soon.
When was the last time you ran? For fun? About five years ago.
The last sporting event you watched? Pats game last week. Although “watched” probably overstates it.
What is your favorite flavor of popcorn? Special Papa popcorn (homemade in a pan on the stove with real butter and a teeny bit of sea salt)
Who is the last person you sent a comment/message on myspace? No MySpace – on Facebook, I sent a message to the person I have probably known the longest, outside of my immediate family. Her initials are KD and I have known her since I was 3 years old.
Do you take vitamins daily? I do, to counteract my low-level anaemia
Do you go to church every Sunday? I used to go hiking every Sunday morning, which I considered worship in the real church of the Universe. Maybe I should think about starting that again. I really liked it.
Do you have a tan? Nope, but I have a lot of freckles. They’re fading now.
Do you like Chinese food over pizza? It depends on my mood, but yes, most days Chinese food would win.
Do you drink your soda with a straw? I don’t generally drink soda (the occasional “medicinal” ginger ale doesn’t really count), but when I do, I can’t use a straw. It’s the bubbly thing.
What did your last text message say? “okay” (and just so you know, that’s a record)
Are you someone’s best friend? Yes.
What are you doing tomorrow? Working, followed by my new tutoring gig.
Look to your left, what do you see? My calendar and my planner (two separate items) waiting to be updated.
What color is your watch? Red and black. It’s a ladybug watch that clips to my belt loop.
What do you think of when you think of Australia? My friend, Paul.
Do you use chapstick? Not generally, but a little Burt’s Bees when necessary.
What is your birthstone? Hold on, I think it’s the pearl. Nope, alexandrite.
What is your favorite number? Eight
Do you have a dog? I wish. A big dopey drooley dog that would be far too large for our house.
Last person you talked to on the phone? My friend, Heather, who is taking our children to school in the morning.
Have you met anyone famous? Nope! Well, I kind of met Prince Charles once, but I was one of a dozen or so people. He probably doesn’t remember me.
Any plans today? Not much time left for any plans, but I still have to synch my calendars and study some more for my gig as a reading tutor.
How many states have you lived in? Four (MO, NH, NV, MA in that order)
Ever go to college? I have a BA in History, and some grad school classes (in Education and Public History)
Biggest annoyance in your life right now? The fact that no one will hire me as a teacher (it’s not surprising, but still annoying)
Last song listened to? “Lone Star State of Mind” by Nanci Griffith (she’s as close as I get to country music)
Can you say the alphabet backwards? No, but if someone could put it to music, no problem.
Do you have a maid service clean your house? Are you serious?
Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? Tough choices – it’s a toss up between my Merrells and my Dankso clogs.
Are you jealous of anyone? For fleeting moments, people who have enough money to quit their jobs without financial consequences.
Is anyone jealous of you? Dunno. I don’t really think about.
Do you love anyone? Love and in love with my husband. Love my children (all of them).
Do any of your friends have children? Many, but not all.
Do you eat healthily? I do my best, but I am weak.
What do you usually do during the day? I work, I learn, I love.
Do you hate anyone that you know right now? Hate is something I don’t waste my energy on.
Do you use the word ‘hello’ daily? Yes.
What color is your car? Red.
Do you like cats? Yep, but not in quantities greater than 6.
Have you ever been to Six Flags? Once on my Senior Class Trip.
How did you get your worst scar? I had a birthmark removed from my face when I was 13. I have three layers of scars on my right knee (damn bike/soccer ball). It’s a toss up as to which is worse.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Do I know KD? If so, tell her I said "hi."
FOUR car seats? You've only got two kids. Even *I* can do THAT math...
Post a Comment